Our Mission is to serve the church and community through
counseling, resources, & instruction
for Christ-like growth and change.
Foundations Christian Counseling was founded by our present Executive Director, Fred Jacoby, in Sept., 2002. Discovering a need for Christ-centered counseling in the Poconos, PA, Fred rallied a group of like-minded individuals and established Foundations as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with one office in Brodheadsville, PA.
Since 2002, Foundations has grown to more than 15 locations in PA, 1 location in NY, and soon will expand to Vermont and Maryland.
Foundations is not affiliated with any denomination.
2002 – Foundations Christian Counseling Services, Inc. was founded and incorporated as a 501(c) Non-Profit Organization.
2004 - Foundations opened a second office in Northampton County at Carpenters Community Church in Nazareth, PA.
2006 - Foundations opened our third office in Carbon County at Faith Alive United Methodist Church, Bowmanstown, PA.
2007 - Foundations opened our fourth office in Wayne County at Hamlin Pentecostal Assembly of God, Hamlin, PA.
2008 - Foundations opened a fifth office in Lehigh County at First Baptist Church of Allentown, Allentown, PA.
2010 - Our Hamlin office closed. Foundations opened our second Monroe County office at Innovation Church, Cresco (near Mt. Pocono), PA.
2012 - Foundations celebrated our Tenth Anniversary.
2013 - Foundations opened our sixth and seventh offices in Lackawanna and Luzurne Counties at Fellowship Church, Dallas, PA (Wilkes-Barre Area) and Grace Bible Church, Dunmore, PA (Scranton Area). Foundations’ Nazareth office moved to Grace Bible Fellowship, Nazareth, PA.
2014-16 - Foundations opened satellite offices in Wyoming and Bradford Counties in Mehoopany (Mehoopany Baptist), Towanda (Independent Baptist) and Troy, PA (Fellowship Bible Church). Foundations’ also opened our new offices at Clarks Summit University and participate in the training of CSU Interns.
2017 - Foundations celebrated our Fifteenth Anniversary and continues to add more partnerships and staff. Counselor Alyssa Cathers publishes her first book, Anxious Abby.
2018 - Foundations started Video Counseling Services. and our first out of state office at First Baptist Church of Johnson City, near Binghamton, NY.
2019 - Foundations moved our NY Office to Arrowhead Parable Christian Store. We hired a new Program Director. New Ministry Partners added. Foundations' Director publishes his first Book, The Black-and-White Thinking Christian
2020 - COVID-19. All counseling services moved to online from Mid-March til July. Vermont Office opened.
2021 - 2 Additional New York Offices open; New Office Administrator hired. New Jersey office COMING SOON!
Foundations' counselors include Master's level Counselors who have received their counseling training from seminaries or Christian universities. Each counselor has received training in Christ-centered counseling and is equipped to help our clients with their various struggles.
All Foundations' staff and Board Members ascribe to our Statements of Belief (see below).
Our Board of Directors
As a 501(c)3 Non Profit Organization, Foundations is governed by a Board of Directors who oversee the fiscal operations of the organization. Our Board consists of respected individuals who have spent numerous hours, have donated generously, and who believe in the mission to come alongside the hurting with the Gospel. We appreciate our Board!
- Fred Jacoby, FCCS Executive Director (Chair)
- Allan Glass, MBA, Professor - Endicott College (Vice Chair)
- Daniel King, Controller at CSU (Treasurer, Secretary)
- Tim Madden, Pastor at Cornerstone Forest City (Director)
We are committed to providing professional, biblically-based counseling to all whom we serve, regardless of sex, race, religion, or sexual preference. We believe that an individual’s emotions, thoughts, behaviors, and interactions are caused by motives that stem directly from the heart. Though the cause of most behaviors come from the heart, we recognize that we are created as spirit and body. Therefore, we recognize that many actions and interactions are influenced by our body chemistry (hormones, deficiencies, nutrition, adrenaline, etc.) as well as our situations and circumstances. It is our desire to provide counseling that is Christ-centered, Spirit-led, and Hope-focused to help clients find peace emotionally, relationally, and spiritually.
We believe that our past influences affect present realities and relationships. We will focus on the heart’s responses to past and present influences and address some of the foundational issues of worth, love, and trust. In Christ-centered counseling, you can expect practical & Biblical directions on how to live by faith, renew the mind, manage emotions, resolve trauma of the past, and pursue peace in relationships.
All of Foundations' Staff and Board Members Ascribe to the Following:
- That there is one God who exists in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- That Jesus Christ (the Son of God) was born of a virgin, was sinless, performed miracles and died on the cross as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Jesus ascended into heaven and He will return in his glory and power.
- That a person becomes justified by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
- That the Bible is the infallible, inspired, inerrant and authoritative Word of God.
- That the Holy Spirit indwells the lives of believers and regenerates sinful humanity, gives illumination to the Word of God and convicts people of sin to enable the Christian to live a godly life.
- That humanity (male and female) was created by God in His image and that as a result of sin, we do not enjoy the life or relationships that God intends for us.
- That membership in the family of God and His church is important for fellowship, belonging, encouragement and accountability.
Schedule a Session
God's Word: We are committed to honoring the integrity of the 66 Books of the Bible and seek to pursue the authentic interpretations of the Scriptures through the Holy Spirit. We acknowledge that the Scriptures are "useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness." (2 Tim 3:16).
• The Holy Spirit: We rely on the Wonderful Counselor, the Holy Spirit, for insight and revelation of God’s Word and in understanding and applying Scriptural truths in speaking with those whom we serve.
• The Church: We acknowledge that many denominations observe different interpretations of various passages of Scriptures. We also acknowledge that many place themselves under the authority of a church and their teaching. Therefore, we approach counsel without preference to any denominational teaching on topics outside salvation (by faith through grace in Christ), and we recommend that certain topics be discussed with their pastor and research in the Word.
• The Family: We hold to the traditional biblical understanding that a marriage union is between a man and a woman. As ministers of reconciliation (2 Cor. 5:18-19), we seek to help couples unite and reconcile when possible.
• Competence: We commit to continued training and competence in Scripture and in the application of Scripture to mental health and relational issues affecting modern society. We recognize that when Scriptures are introduced to our lives and in the lives of those served, it must be done with grace and humility.